Thursday, August 2, 2012

Untitled II


My wounded heart came across a pleasant surprise
I could see the sun’s light when I gazed into his eyes
His words flowed on sweet currents like sugar water in my cup
Thoughts running through the membrane of sensual things going the opposite of up
In the time prior I was lost in a phase filled with pain
My heart grew cold, my emotions stood bare in the midst of pouring rain
I felt I had lost in the battle of love once again with no intentions to try again
I was ready for my existence to fade away from the acknowledgment of all men 
My scars ran deep as my self esteem grew shallow
Daily greetings of pain that ran deep to the bone marrow
Thinking the one for me existed became a thought of the past
Putting trust into fleshly beings became a faded memory fast
As soon as loneliness became my consistent company keeper
There he was, waiting in my future path encouraging me to dig deeper
The windows to his soul revealed true love as well as pain that he wanted to relieve
A new chapter of balance and hope for redemption is what we began to conceive
They say love conquers all and that time heals everything
So I decided to conquer healing by taking my time to develop love with this being
I was scared of heights, but with him I have no fear of flying
I had been hurt for so long, but his touch alone keeps my heart from dying
Every moment we share feels like a cool summer breeze
Blowing softly through the beauty of weeping willow trees
The balance of nature’s elements are always in the air
It is confirmed through our movement and through every single stare
His heart beat is strong and consistent as he lays to rest
My mind is at peace as I lay to listen through his chest
The mornings greet me with his smooth tone as sun rays embrace his dark complexion
I take it all in with exhales of deep breathes and thoughts of valuable lessons
Learning the importance of patience and enjoying the moments of laughter
Overstanding that simplicity and spirituality holds heavy power in this chapter
I thank the Most High for every blessed second in the midst of this man
This time around I will let God order my steps to avoid self destruction in the midst of His ordained plan 

No comments:

Post a Comment