Friday, December 30, 2011

Another Silent Cry

(My silent cry is as loud as ever)
Stuck in an orbit of corrupt mentalities
People surround me that suffer from self destruction and fatalities
I try so hard to stay focused and avoid distraction 
The demons that play with the minds of fellow beings look for a familiar reaction
No matter how careful I try to walk through life’s valley of death
I can’t seem to avoid the shadows of lost ones that are bad for my health
Everyday has a test, every action a reaction
Every time I dedicate my heart to a loved one it turns into a fatal attraction
I rely on your light oh God to guide me through the darkness of the world
Trying to be the example Marlon trusted me to be for his little girl
So many responsibilities, such a heavy cross to bear
Thank you Lord for protecting me... the enemy can’t touch one hair
He tries to torment my mind and keep me restless
Concentration is hard to find and sometimes leaves me feeling helpless
I have to war in my own household for order and peace
I don’t ask much from ANYONE! I just want ignorance and chaos to cease
People seek the things of the world and put Your commandments on hold
I am tired of looking into the eyes of lies, tired of double tongued talkers being so bold
Deliver me Father! Keep me free of sin
I washed the blood from my hands and consider myself born again
Extend my wings to fly above the trouble of the Earth
My fist are tired from swinging, I’ve been fighting this battle since birth
Reveal my purpose as well as Your face that I seek
Help me to remain loving, humble and meek
My dying wish will always be to walk as close to Christ’s step as I can
While I reside in a living hell I will remain Your number one fan
No one else has ever loved me as real and faithful as You do!
You never held my past against me, and Your word is the only everlasting truth
You have protected me and provided even when I didn’t deserve
That’s only a few reasons why I chose You as the one to serve
In my weakest moments You showed your strength 
And to show my gratitude I will go any length
I only get to sincerely smile when I have a thought or moment with You
My life has become nothing but storms and endless lists of things to do
Feeling so alone without understanding from a single soul
My pain keeps growing deep while my heart beats echoes through it’s hole

I drop liquid prayers from my eyes almost everyday
Hoping and praying that You will rescue me from captivity some miraculous way
Assist my efforts to press on and overcome the agony of my reality
Show up! And have Your way on my behalf... continue to prove Your Holy immortality

No comments:

Post a Comment