Saturday, December 17, 2011

His Love Is Blind

Love is blind...
It will lead you to perceptions of every kind
It will woo you, then abuse you
It will fool you, and then consume you
I thought love was mine
Love’s actions grew painful over time
Now I am trapped in a cycle of disfunction and captivity
Realizing that the love I once felt was sent to me was never really meant to be
I use to believe that man’s love was real
Until I ended up with the worst aches a heart could feel
Trying to prove love to the one that didn’t love himself
I never thought to take it literally when he said he “loved me to death”
He would rather try to kill my spirit than to face reality
Misusing and false illusions thrown at my strong personality
Welcoming chaos and confusion into my realm of peace
Bringing baggage to weigh my small shoulders, and the pounds never seemed to cease
My girlfriend said she smiles everyday and wakes up to breakfast in bed
I told her my love has other plans for me girl, I get a fresh dose of abuse instead
Verbal strong enough to drive any woman cold
My wet pillow is becoming too sobbed to hold
When he is feeling like being extra special he surprises me with more
There’s always the physical scars of love that leave me bruised and sore
See his love means possession since no one really loved him fair
So now I have stepped in to his after-wind, every breath for me is bitter air
I have been threatened, betrayed, and smothered by his love
I lost my appetite for it a long time ago... the only thing I crave is in Heaven above
Love killed my sense of being... it killed my passion and affection
The day I was accused of adultery was the day I lost my connection
I was stripped down and treated like a whore behind the accusation
I felt as low as a female dog for the first time after that situation
Life became complicated and I shut down in many ways
I regret the day love entered into my life and promised that it would stay
My self worth has been abandoned due to sticking by love’s side
I have run out of patience with all of the false promises love has tried...
Never intended to keep but just to string me along with empty words
Every line written in love’s contradicting book has been heard
I hear “I’m sorry” just as much as “I love you”
I start to wonder what is really true?
Is the true you the action you performed that you live to regret?
Or is love really here and I just haven’t met it yet?
Would true love cause this much pain and just as many tears?
Am I suppose to look forward to love making me regret my life over the years?
This love is a new love that doesn’t have a relative plea
If my mate is willing to tell me he hates me than where can the love be?
Is it all in the things that I am able to do?
Or is it in the ability to take credit in the fact of having a woman of truth?
True to God and myself makes it easy to be honest in the world
But love feels the need to treat me as a little girl
Even though I’m the same one that takes care of myself
Because my love is inconsistent so I can’t rely on his help 
Yet this love doesn’t trust my word or what I stand for
Despite the fact that I teach him how to be a real man I still get treated like a whore
Even after my thrill for love was gone I still remained true...
To my relationship, never cheated or even flirt with anyone outside of you
My heart has been broken too many times due to love’s thoughts of me
All of them caused by the demons that play with my love and his insecurity
I’ve grown tired of settling and being made to feel like a fool
Tired of unnecessary lies and lust and being used like a tool

Love can’t possibly love me since he was never taught what real love is
My love is just scared to lose the realest answer to his quiz
He has no control over life or mind so how can I trust him to be the head over me?
When I look at love I’m suppose to see God but a lost angry soul is all I see
Love wonders why I’ve grown cold and don’t share all my thoughts
But whether it’s told, or I feel it’s safer to hold some form of abuse is what’s brought
Love and I are not on the same page and have no understanding toward one another
I am tormented by his ways and I no longer hope or pray to take it a step further
God doesn’t send love that causes harm or hurt
God wouldn’t balance me off with someone who easily makes me feel lower than dirt
I have done all that I can and beyond what I should
But my love is and never has been worthy of all my good
I have turned as many cheeks as I have ever done before
But my love wants to drain me dry... he just asks for more and more
I have to escape love before it kills me
I’m already dead inside, I’m buried alive is what he can’t see
I need to get some relief because the pain in my heart fearfully severe
I have to rise above the situation that is beneath me, I’ve already cried too many tears
My eyes bleed rivers of prayers that I pray flow to the Most High
When love sows evil seeds against me it reaps because when I cry, God cries
I was not raised to be weak, or to struggle due to a man
Love will play games with your mind in an attempt to convince you you cannot stand
But when I was found by myself I stood strong and that is how I will remain
Love can’t afford to live here anymore and my health can’t afford the pain
I have reached an all time low dealing with the progress in my life
That’s what happened when I decided to put my love first and became his wife
Fairy tales soon became nightmares and love and me no longer see eye to eye
I decided to put up the childish things of the world while he still battles inside
I decided to make a stable plan for my future while my love still tussles with uncertainty
Of knowing who he is, what he stands for, or even what he wants to be
Unsure of how to be a real man and still running from his call
If I could only get back the happiness love stole from me, I would trade it all
I cannot be expected to represent a last name that has not proven itself to me
My love is lost in the ways of the world, dark tunnels lead him down misguided paths without a means to see
He has no sense of self and revokes every source education
Self discipline is lacking right along with motivation
My love is unique and most definitely one of a kind
What makes my love stand out from the rest is simple... his love is blind

4 comments:

  1. Wow sister that's derelict couldn't have worded it better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sister that's deep so detailed I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sister that's deep so detailed I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. plz never give up .
    keep your ultimate faith in God .
    no more trust .
    forgiveness heals you
    never regret in the past
    start new life carefully.... God will lead u to ur best.
    my prayers

    ReplyDelete